yoga to lose weight in 10 days
Generally, people associate yoga with spirituality. Doing so they often ignore the physical side of yoga. It’s more than just a spiritual practice. You can even use yoga to lose weight in 10 days. Because, yoga is about growth in the spiritual, physical, and cognitive sense. Some forms of yoga are developed to the benefit of physical fitness enthusiasts. These forms are meant to strengthen the body, lose weight, and improve posture. But due to the more popular impression of yoga, people often miss out on the varied benefits. It is also possible to find a yoga routine that is more targeted at your specific goals.
Weight loss is a possibility of practicing yoga, this will be accomplished by practicing postures aimed at strengthening the muscles and core area. These postures stress the muscles and holding them builds high endurance. This burns high amounts of energy during practice, making weight loss a very real possibility due to the effort applied. Which is how you can accomplish yoga to reduce weight.
Following is a list of postures that you can practice, which will help reduce your weight:
Table of Contents
This posture strengthens your body from the neck to the toes. It particularly improves endurance and stimulates the core region in your abdomen.
- Lay down flat, on your stomach.
- Lift your body by pushing yourself up, on your hands and toes.
- Keep your back straight, this will strengthen your core and you will feel the tension in your abdomen muscles.
Vasisthasana / Side Plank:
This posture strengthens the back muscles while also toning the whole body. This improves balance while also making the muscles stronger.
- Lay down flat, on your stomach, and start pushing your body up until your body’s weight rests on one side of the body. On one hand and one foot.
- Bring the other foot over the one bearing the body’s weight and stretch the other arm up in the air.
- Straighten the body.
- Balance the full body on one side and hold the pose for a few seconds.
Virabhadrasana B / Warrior II Pose:
This posture stretches the upper and lower body while stimulating the abdominal region. This improves stamina and metabolism.
- While pointing it in the left direction, anchor your left foot to the ground, horizontally.
- Breathe out and then, while keeping the shin perpendicular to the ground, extend the right foot forward.
- Stretch your right arm forward and your left arm towards the back.
Trikonasana / Triangle Pose:
When done properly, this posture corrects the alignment of the shoulders while improving the flexibility of the spine. It is also associated with the alleviation of back pain.
- Stand straight and separate your feet apart for, as long as you’re comfortable.
- Turn your right foot out 90 degrees and the left foot 15 degrees.
- Align your right foot, perpendicular to your left foot.
- Make sure that your body weight is equally distributed and your feet are firmly on the ground.
- Bend your upper body towards the right foot and rotate it towards the left direction.
- Raise your left arm, straight up, reaching out towards the right foot, with the right arm.
Ardha Navasana / Half Boat Pose:
It improves the balance of the body and the metabolism rate. It also enhances the alignment of your spine while strengthening the hip flexor muscles. Another benefit of this pose is its boost of blood circulation in the body.
- Sit on the floor.
- Stretch your legs straight, away from your body.
- Lift your legs slowly, while balancing your body on your hands.
- Raise your arms until they are parallel to the ground.
- Hold the posture.
Utkatasana / Chair Pose:
The stress put on the legs by this posture, improve endurance and toning in the leg. It strengthens the thighs, calves, ankles, and feet.
- Stand up straight.
- Spread apart your feet a hip apart from each other.
- Lift your arms over your head and clasp the hands.
- Keep bending your thighs, lowering your body, until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold the posture.
Adho Mukha Svanasana / Downward Dog Pose:
This challenging posture strengthens the spine and chest area. It requires opening the chest which also improves overall lung capacity and helps to tone the back of the legs. Especially, the thighs and calves. This is one of the most challenging postures and ideal part of yoga to lose weight in 10 days.
- Stand straight.
- Start spreading your feet apart until the distance between them is 3-4 feet.
- Bend towards the ground until your hands can touch the floor, palm wise.
- Keep your legs straight and keep bending forwards until your body makes a V-shape.
- Make sure to firmly keep your feet and arms on the ground.
Sarvangasana / Shoulder stand:
This posture requires holding your whole body up, this drastically strengthens the core muscles in the abdomen. But it also tones the legs and opens up the shoulders. Many digestive problems can be reduced by practicing this posture.
- Lie down on your back.
- Slowly, start lifting your legs. While you do this, support your back with your hands behind your back.
- Keep lifting your legs higher, until your chest touches your chin.
- Your arms should be firmly on the ground, the parts beyond the elbow will be supporting the body.
- Make sure to maintain your balance.
Vrikshasana / Tree Pose:
This posture improves neuromuscular coordination and balance while opening up the hips. This strengthens the muscles in your legs and thighs while making your alertness sharper. This posture might seem simple but requires a lot of concentration and focus.
- Stand up straight.
- Raise one foot and place it on the thigh of the other leg.
- Raise your hands above your head, joining the palms together.
- Keep your head straight and maintain the posture.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana / Bridge Pose:
This posture opens up the lungs to improve lung capacity and improves the spine’s flexibility. As the blood flow is in the opposite direction, it improves digestion and promotes metabolism.
- Lie down on your back.
- Push your hips up and pull your feet back until they are closer to the hip.
- Raise your hips as high as you can, meanwhile holding your ankles with your hands.
- Keep the arms straight.
- Hold this posture for as long as you can.
The flexibility of yoga and its forms allow for a customized experience that can be used for more targeted practice. This is the most useful for people who are fans of working out and challenging postures.
These poses are spread out across different forms of yoga but are ultimately part of the full family of postures. It is possible to research the benefits of specific yoga forms and postures to generate something suitable to your personal goals and needs. You can create a routine that focuses on improving or enhancing the performance of specific body regions or you can mix them up for an overall improvement routine. Or you can use yoga to lose weight in 10 days.
However, these postures are very challenging and not advisable for beginners to yoga, It is important to begin by first having some level of experience in holding your postures, stretching, and building endurance before attempting these postures by yourself. If you experience any serious medical condition or pain, please consult a physician to advise you on whether you can safely perform these postures.