Popular Travel Yoga Mats
Traveling along with all the packing drills can be frustrating. But still traveling to some of us is either a job or a hobby. In either of the cases, a yogi may escape from his routine workouts and yoga. With all the busy schedules and hassle of traveling, what if you want to carry your yoga routine? What if you have an ideal choice of a yoga mat that will go hand in hand with your traveling routines? To be an ideally good choice all a yoga mat needs is its compactness alongside its weight. Therefore by considering factors that matter to a traveling yogi, we present you to some of the Popular Travel Yoga Mats 2021, some of those have been popular of all times without anyone letting you down.
All of the yoga mats accompanying our list are on the basis of their functionality to a traveling yogi. In all of the yoga mats listed below, each one of them has fulfilling ad promising traits of perfect travel yoga mats.
Without further ado, let us have a look at a yogis best travel partners.
Our Top Picks
TOP 10 TRAVEL YOGA MATS
- Liforme Travel Yoga mat
- Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
- BalanceFrom 2″ Tri-Fold Yoga Mat
- Manduka eKO Superlite
- Plyopic Travel Yoga Mat
- Gruper Yoga Mat
- AURORAE Synergy Foldable
- YAWHO Yoga Mat
- Yoga Jaci Yoga Mat Towel
1. Liforme Travel Yoga mat
- A lightweight portable Travel Yoga Mat (Liforme Yoga Mat bag included) that can be used on its own or as a topper
- Unique and original AlignForMe alignment system on a lightweight Travel Yoga Mat
- Revolutionary "GripForMe" material for unparalleled grip whilst practicing on the move
The first up in the line of popular travel yoga mat 2021 edition is the Liforme travel yoga mats. What makes Liforme a goof travel partner is its weight. A Liforme mat weighs nearly 1.5 kilos and it’s the material that matters the most to the weight. The material of the mat resulting in less weight is the engineered eco polyurethane and rubber.
Another factor making the Liforme mats a good travel mat is its self-reliance. A mat itself is a complete yoga guide at any place and anytime. Talking of self-reliance, I am talking f its self-Align For Me alignment system. Its alignment system is all enough for a beginner or a pro to maximize the yoga practice. It helps to maintain the best angles and postures of a yogi without the need for a trainee.
In addition to the traveling features, other features that make it a good partner is its dimensions. Liforme yoga mat gives a yogi a 72 inch length along with an 26 inches wide platform for practice.
The cushiness of these yoga mats is also compatible with all its other features. Liforme yoga mat has the best optimum thickness to counter any injury to joints and bones.
To a nature-loving yogi, these mats are the perfect option. Liforme mats are eco-friendly as well as degradable. Hence the manufacturers promise a toxic-free yoga experience made with non-toxic material.
To make your packing much easier, the Liforme mats come with a carrying bag.
Our verdict: I recommend this yoga mat when you do not have to carry it all by yourself. I mean it is a heavy mat but going out with this can help you with the self-alignment systems and pose formation. Putting it in the luggage can be useful for you rather than carrying it yourself.
- Travel Friendly
- Self-alignment system
- Not found
2. Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
- PRO YOGA MAT: Professional quality ultra-supportive 6mm thick yoga mat. Perfect for the serious yogi, Pilates, barre, or fitness aficionado. For gym, studio, or home use. Pair with one of our...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Discover the legacy-- Ultra-dense cushioning provides superior support, stability and joint protection. 6mm thick exercise mat provides cushion and support on any surface
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Beloved by teachers worldwide for nearly 20 years. Meticulously crafted in Germany, from PVC that has been certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX. Responsibly crafted in a sustainable...
Our next applicant in the race of popular travel yoga mat 2021 is Manduka PRO yoga mat. Manduka PRO is a brand that does not need any further gems to its crown of popularity. This mat has everything that a travel yoga mat asks for. Moreover specifically speaking of its feature, the best and the quality feature that a mat offers is its warrior-like grip.
The grip of a yoga mat can be helpful when you are traveling as you do not have the exact practicing surface as your home or a studio. To provide the best grip to a yogi anywhere around the clock, the mat is made with high-density PVC.
High-density material assembled with close cell technology embarks the excellence in making a yoga mat sweat and moisture-proof. This closed surface also gives the right amount of bounce and support to the joints with the optimum thickness.
Manduka PRO comes in two variants so that it may be equally good for people of all sizes and heights. The two variants come in 72 inches and 85 inches in length with equal width of 26 inches each.
Your travel partner is certified free from all kinds of toxic materials and chemicals. It is safe to use and easy to wash with a mild cleaning solution.
Our verdict: To my taste, this yoga mat can be very helpful for so many of you as it does provide you a smooth bump-free surface for your yoga practice where ever you go. Secondly, it is way lighter than liforme and makes you choose from different length variants.
Speaking of traction, durability, quality material and the thin compactness of this yoga mat makes it the best seller. Plus the right amount of cushiness and easy-rolling can be an easy go for many of the yogis during traveling.
- Length variants are present
- Eco Friendly
- Warrior like grip
- Not found
3. BalanceFrom 2″ Tri-Fold Yoga Mat
- 6 feet long, 2 feet wide (72-inch x 24-inch) at 2-inch thick, firm high density EPE foam is ideal for activities and exercises such as yoga, aerobics, Pilates, MMA and martial arts
- The surface is made of non-toxic lead-free durable 18 ounce puncture resistant and non-absorbent vinyl. Moisture resistant technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
- Exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. Caring handles and light weight make it easy to take the mat around
What if you have a travel yoga mat that helps you manage your yoga, exercise, comfort, and sleep all at the same time? Well sleeping on a yoga mat can be seen as uncommon but with BlanaceFrom 2 inch thick yoga mat, sleeping can be made possible.
BalanceFrom tri-fold yoga mats with mere 3pounds of weight are essentially great for the ever traveling yogis. The thick 2 inches trio of the mat can be folded way out at any time you want to. The thick foam of a yoga mat not only gives comfort but also aids the support to joints on tough surfaces.
Above all to add to its durability, the surface of the mat is made up of puncture-proof material. The surface is also moisture-proof and is easy to wash.
Talking of the dimensions and size, it is ideal for any good size heightened person. A foldable yoga mat into 3 panels makes it fit in every storage and closet.
BalanceFrom yoga mats show great resilience true to their function and cause. To make the storage and handling of a yoga mat easier, side holding handles are also provided to it. This makes it easy to carry and hold anywhere at any time. This specific feature of tri-fold folding accompanied by the carrying handle makes these mats a good choice for the best travel yoga mats.
In addition, for the client’s satisfaction, the company provides a 2-year warranty.
Our verdict: I do not consider this yoga mat much as your travel partner because Firstly it needs a lot of space for storage and secondly it is difficult to carry. Until or unless you are in a place where you can use this yoga mat as your sleeping bed, this is not really my pick for you.
- Foldable into a broad seat
- This yoga mat requires more storage space than other travel yoga mats.
4. Manduka eKO Superlite
- Dimensions - 2,2 lbs, 68''x 24'', 1,5 mm thick
- Exceptional for traveling - folds to fit in any travel bag or purse
- Durable - made from non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber, 99% latex free
When opting for high portability, therefore lightweight and handy mat to be your travel partner, think of Manduka eKO Superlite. This Manduka series is the best for the yogis on the go. The weight, along with the portability and compactness of this, must make you’re a perfect on-the-go partner.
With the best compactness, the material and the traction is not compromised. Manduka Superlite series are made with 99% latex-free material with no other assaulting chemicals at all. The surface of the yoga mat comes with a great grippy texture aiding the traction of the mat. Such breathable and grippy material does not make any yogi skid or slip during performing while on the go.
Moreover, with traction, the yoga mat can also bear high practice ad pressure with its promising anti-tear feature. Being anti-tear and anti-stretch, the yoga mat also carries the star for being durable all at the same time.
The dimensions are kept traditionally optimum for an average-sized person. In addition to all the other specs, Manduka Superlite mat gives you a thin thickness of 1.5mm. With the dense assembly of the yoga material, even the mat of 1.5mm thickness gives you perfect support for bones and joints.
The Manduka eKO Superlite is a natural tree rubber base yoga mat and hence completely eco-friendly. It is compatible with all types of yoga, exercises, and Pilates. In short, we can say that it has all the shining specs that can make this mat shine among all the competitors of popular travel yoga mat 2021 edition.
Our verdict: It is a big yes from my side as the compact nature of this yoga mat is all a traveler yogi requires. Plus being super lightweight, the yoga mat still does not comprises the grip. I will not recommend this yoga mat to those who require a bit softer yoga mat to comfort their joints and bones.
- Extra Lightweight
- Extra thin
- Not much of the thickness for the yogis with sore knees and bad joints
5. Plyopic Travel Yoga Mat
- 3-IN-1 MAT AND TOWEL – Use your mat on your hotel room floor, as a hygienic topper on a padded studio mat or as a non-slip hot yoga towel and say goodbye to distracting towel bunching forever!
- A TRAVEL ESSENTIAL – No matter where you are, keep your yoga practice daily. Stay at your peak physically and mentally, soothe pains and feel free to stretch, breathe and move in the comfort and...
- SWEAT-GRIP TECHNOLOGY – The top surface is comprised of a unique soft grip coating which maintains traction as you sweat. The non-slip 1.5mm rubber base firmly grips the floor and will not curl or...
These amazing transitions of a simple yoga mat can reduce packing loads to your luggage. The fine thickness of only 1.5 mm makes it a small, compact rectangle that can even fit your sling bag.
The top surface of the yoga mat is topped with the best grip material with the lower surface of grippy plastic material. The upper surface hence creates enough grip and traction for the performing yogi.
Plyopic mats are highly durable with the anti-tear technology used in manufacturing. The amazing mixture of the geometric neon prints on the mat makes it stand out from the usual yoga mats.
These mats are not only gentle to the ecosystem by being eco-friendly in nature but are also gentle to your skin. Plyopic mats are safe and SSG certified for a healthier yoga experience.
Being a travel yoga mat, the manufacturers also provide you with the holding yoga straps so the mat can be all set to travel.
Our verdict: the thing I like the most about this yoga mat is its being multi-purpose. You can literally use this thin yoga mat as your towel, mat topper, or as a mat as well. And the compactness is amazing. It’s up to you for what good you use it.
- Essentially Lightweight
- Compact and Portable
- The provided thickness is not enough for the bad joints and knees support
6. Gruper Yoga Mat
- 💪 【New Eco Friendly Material】The Gruper yoga mat is made of non-toxic, odorless and harmless TPE material, which is friendly to the body and the environment, suitable for beginners and...
- 💪【Advanced Non-slip Design and Double-layer Tear Resistance】Special sticky non slip texture on both sides , more durable than regular yoga mats and resistant to tearing and deformation. Double...
- 💪【Body Alignment】 Practice yoga with the aid of the alignment system that helps you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper alignment. It's...
A travel yoga mat with a holding bag of its own can be a good grasp for the goroutine. With the aim of providing ease to the traveling yogis, Gruper yoga mats are sorted with their own carrying bag. This bag cat herby be fixed or attached to any bag or can be carried in hand.
Gruper mats are processed with the premium quality of TPE material. This premium material comes with the double layer combining strategy to provide the optimum grip to the ground as well as the yogi. As a result of the double layer, the yoga mat consists of a sticky nonslip textured surface. This textured surface also proves to be moisture and sweat-resistant.
The dimensions of the mat are usually traditional but with a twist of thickness. The thickness of the yoga mat comes in 2 variants of 6mm and 8mm respectively.
For travel essential aid, the yoga mat comes with a carrying bag and a strap making it a strong competitor of popular travel yoga mats 2021.
Our verdict: How about holding your yoga mat like a handy water bottle? Gruper yoga mats make this possible for you by giving you portable yoga mats that can be rolled to a thin roll in a carrying bag. It provides easy carrying and excellent traction but you can be choosy because of its low thickness.
- Double layer of non-slip layer
- Maximum grip
- Two variants of thickness available
- Comes with a carrying bag and strap
- The variant with more thickness will weigh more to be carried as a travel yoga mat
7. AURORAE Synergy Foldable
- Aurorae Synergy 2-in-1 Foldable On-the-Go Yoga Mat for yogis on the move! Easy to pack, mobile, lightweight, great for travel made with our integrated Microfiber towel and anti-slip patented Synergy...
- This yoga mat can easily be folded flat to fit in your luggage, backpacks and most carry-on cases. It weighs only 1.3 lbs. making it easy to carry and keep your luggage under the expensive overcharge...
- This unique super deluxe non-slip yoga mat-towel uses our patented Synergy Technology that bonds our lightweight, PER yoga mesh backing, with our lush, ultra-absorbent non-slip microfiber towel....
Patent, sweat-resistant, traction, resilience, and what not!! AURORAE synergy 2 in 1 is next in the line for popular travel yoga mats 2021. The only patent yoga mats with one of their kind are assembled with synergy technology to provide great resilience.
The specially joined towel microfiber upon a lightweight PER mesh proves to be a greatly supportive combo. The upper towel microfibre layer is highly sweatproof and gives a strong gripping station to hands. Being fibrous in nature, those yogis who sweat a lot seek such absorbent power in their yoga mat during travel. Therefore it proves drastically best for hot and active yoga.
In addition to such great manufacturing technology, the dimensions are however are kept optimum. But out of all odds, the thickness of the yoga is more than the basic travel mat. The 2.5 mm of thickness provides strong support and comfort to bones and joints on hard hotel floors.
The AURORAE mats are tested free from all types of harmful chemicals and latex. To keep the hygienic conditions sustainable, they are easily washable by hand and in the machine.
AURORAE yoga mats are lightweight with extreme folding capacity.
Our verdict: This patent yoga mat is all yes from my side. The microfibre token layer helps you absorb every drop that you sweat and the PER layer beneath it gives you the strong gripping station. Plus it is highly compact and foldable with a minimum weight of fewer than 2 pounds.
My personal pick from this list is aurorae synergy 2 in 1. Why? Well, firstly it is super lightweight and compact in its folding. Secondly, it falls in a reasonable price range, and above all the patent towel layer on top will lock every sweat that it accounts for. The patent PER mesh under the towel layer roots to the ground for ultimate grip.
- Best for hot yoga
- Foldable to maximum capacity
- Not found
8. YAWHO Yoga Mat
- New Eco Friendly Material : TPE is the latest technological improvement to the traditional yoga mats. No latex, no PVC, non-toxic or any harmful chemicals. Our mats are made of SGS certified TPE...
- Body Alignment System: The alignment lines help you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper alignment.
- Alignment stripe design: Perfect for home or studio use. The alignment lines help to maintain the correct body posture in several asanas (yoga positions). It is particularly helpful when practicing...
Considering a yoga mat that is cheap and has the perfect alignment systems for the perfect posture? If yes? Then have a look at our next option for the next travel yoga mat, YAWHO yoga mat. YAWHO yoga mats are the premium quality TPE yoga mats modified to work at their best.
These are the SGS certified yoga mat made perfectly free of all types of latex and PVC completely odorless. In such remarkable pricing, this mat gives a good alignment system that helps you position your postures well.
The alignment system along with the best material used is the perfect combo that helps to retain the perfect yoga experience on the go. The perfect alignment system proves to be a good helper without a trainee when you are on the go. The grippy structure provides a perfectly balanced yoga experience.
Speaking of the dimensions, the length is traditional with a much wider space of 26 inches. The wider space helps a yogi to stretch to the fullest. In addition, the thickness of 1/4 inches is ideally workable for knee and joint support.
YAWHO yoga mats are extra-long and are easy to wash. To make it more travel friendly, the company provides it with a carrying bag.
Our verdict: A good yoga mat with a carrying bag and wider space in a reasonable price is a good grab and go deal. Plus in addition to prior features, it also provides you the alignment system in such economical budget.
I conifer this a good budget travel yoga mat because what can be more convenient than carrying a yoga mat in its own bag? Plus the self-alignment system and anti-tear material are all that comes with this yoga mat at such an affordable price and minimum weight.
- Highly dense
- Maximum cushiness for kness and joints
- Maximum dimensions
- May not provide the maximum grip
9. Yoga Jaci Yoga Mat Towel
- Slip Resistant - Skidless, anti slip when damp to have more confidence, stability and naturally grip support you
- Super Absorbent - More Hygienic - Extending Mat Life - Absorbs perspiration and moisture well, and wicks them away
- Mat Size Long - 24 x 72 Inches Long Skid less Hot Yoga Mat Towel is to Cover Majority of the Standard Lenght Mats. 24 x 15 Inches Long Hand Towel is to Keep Sweat Away from Your Body
To those yogis who want to stick to their regular mat but they also risk its grip while traveling? What if we say that we have a solution to your problem? Yoga Jaci yoga mat towels can transform your random home yoga mat into a travel yoga mat one. The only thing to be done is to lay your yoga towel mat on your regular mat and you are done.
Yoga Jaci yoga towel mat is made up of premium quality towel microfibers. The grip is all about these premium quality towel microfibers. These microfibers are sweat absorbent and do not makes even a single drop of sweat escape them.
This yoga towel when laid on your normal yoga mat can make wondrous changes to it. Traditional yoga mats whose slippiness makes practicing difficult can be overcome by this product. A normal yoga mat coupled with this towel makes it a slip-free yoga experience.
The yoga mat towel, also comes with a handy towel to control your bodily sweat after the practice. Due to the best absorbent microfibers, it is lightweight and easy to handle. In addition to the material being used, it is easy to wash and dry.
Our verdict: I recommend this exceptional choice for the ones who want to stick to their previous yoga mats. Putting low stress on your budget, these yoga towels can serve to be the mat toppers for extra grip outdoors.
- Makes a regular yoga mat more grip
- Can be used separately
- Extra absorbent
- Easy to wash
- The towel microfibers can make unhygienic conditions after sweat absorption
Feature guide for Mat buying
Features that will help you in buying your ultimate travel partner are listed below to make your choice easy.
In selecting a travel yoga mat for yourself, the first thing that hits your mind as a traveler is the weight. As with all the luggage and carrying issues, one always wants to carry less but essential weight along. Therefore the travel yoga mat should always weigh less as much as it can. A lightweight yoga mat will be easy to handle and carry along the yogi anywhere he wants to. The weight of a yoga mat is hence dependent on the material and its quality is used in the manufacturing of a mat.
The material can be the game-changer of any yoga mat. With the change in demand, many manufacturers are frequently coming up with new materials in the market. The new and more premium quality of a yoga mat is introduced in the market. The grip, traction, and durability of a yoga mat also depend on the type of material used. Hence we can say the traditional PVC or NBR is now too outdated to be chosen. With the revolution in the needs, many materials TPE are used with close cell technology to give a supportive and improved yoga experience.
The only feature while buying a yoga mat that is entirely dependent on the buyer. It is highly up to you and with all your financial limits. A price of a traditional yoga mat varies from very few to high-end products. The price may also vary greatly with the type of brand and the type of yoga mat.
It is to be considered the ultimate feature to be seen while buying a yoga mat. No matter what category of yoga mat are you buying, the grip is the ultimate requirement by all yogis. Therefore the grip of a yoga mat can never be overseen. The stronger grips make a yogi practice without the risk of any injury and slip. The grip of a yoga mat can be judged by looking at the texture of the upper surface. Other than this, the manufacturing material can be also considered while looking for yoga mats grip functionalities.
As we all know that every person is of different size and shape, hence the yoga mat should be also chosen accordingly. The market nowadays offers a million yoga mats with different dimensions and thicknesses according to the need of the people. A traditional yoga mat has the dimensions to which an average 6 feet person can fit easily. But some people are even taller and broader too. So to overcome that misfit, the mat must be chosen according to the requirement. There are also special mats for taller or big guys for their comfort.
When you are a traveler and you are always on the go the only thing that makes the idea of taking a yoga mat along is its packability. The packaging of a travel yoga mat is essentially more than any other feature. A traditional yoga mat is stored all rolled up. This might take a lot of space. So all we need is to look out for a yoga mat that fits up nice and easy into our suitcase or a best to be in our handbags.
Our Closing Comments For All Our Lovely Readers
Our final words to our traveler yogis are that a good travel yoga mat can be marked only by your type and conditions. Since every one of us travels in a uniquely different way, our travel yoga mat’s requirements may also vary. To put out every best option to you guys, we have done many reviews seeing and ranking comparing. Therefore put to you guys some popular travel yoga mats 2021 to make your new year healthier. Keeping the aim that traveling can be fun while keeping up your workouts all along.
I hope we have managed to give our bests to all our yogis out there and wish to see you all managing until happy traveling and happy yoga.